Runners of Compassion is a registered non-profit society whose members participate as a group to raise awareness of and provide funding for social and charitable causes. We raise money, volunteer our time and enjoy a fellowship with a diverse group of men and women and while doing so help those who have fallen upon hard times. As well we assist to help overcome financial barriers to encourage people to become more physically active in their lifestyles.
Runners and non-runners of all levels and ability are invited to join the Nanaimo Chapter of Runners of Compassion.
Founded in February, 2003 the Nanaimo Chapter of Runners of Compassion (ROC) has raised money to help support local families in need, local charities, and assist young people to overcome financial barriers so that they can participate in sport activities. ROC consists of over 250 members and since our inception has distributed more than $10,000 per year within our community. We raise these funds to make a positive difference in the lives of people in need. Our support comes in both financial assistance as well as numerous hours of volunteer time from our member base. We also encourage active lifestyles through running to promote healthier minds and bodies.http://rocnanaimo.com/
- To make a positive difference in the lives of people in need.
- To support local families in need.
- To provide financial and human resource support to local and global charities.
- To assist young people to overcome financial barriers to sport activities.
- To give back to the community we sometimes take for granted.
- To run our local forest trails, get wet and muddy, and have fun!